This workshop is designed to enable participants to plan, organize, resource, cost, manage, implement, track, verify, analyze, report and control any project.
It also identifies the characteristics of successful and effective project management.
Held in a traditional classroom setting, this course is designed to teach participants to understand and apply the principles of effective project management.
This course explains project management concepts, and the control of schedule, cost and quality. It also identifies the characteristics of successful project leaders.
The case study approach is used to learn how to plan, organize and schedule projects and to understand critical path scheduling. Participants will learn how to assign work to other resources within the overall team.
- A review of the approach to project budgeting, expense tracking and control, and the billing process follows.
- Key project management performance indicators are defined. Performance management and control are discussed.
- Finally, risk management and the identification of common project management obstacles are discussed.
Participants will learn through classroom lectures and discussions, and team breakouts on the use of specific tools analysis of a real-life case-study.
What You Will Learn
Introduction to project management
- Project management concepts
- Project life cycle
- Project leadership vs. management
- Characteristics of effective project managers
- Project scope and goals
- Critical path
- Gantt, Pert/CPM
- Project resourcing
- Resource leveling
- Cost analysis
- Time value of money
- Budget authority
- Key performance indicators
- Tracking progress
- Project control
- Time management
- Failure mode and effects analysis
- Contingency planning
- 4—Panel reporting system
This course is designed for anyone who has been assigned project management duties within their organization.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!