Policy deployment is a company-wide mechanism for creating and propagating plans for the achievement of objectives at all levels of the organization. This course is designed to provide participants with the mechanisms needed to create alignment between actual activities and the overall strategic intent of the organization. The organization can be the entire company, a single facility location, or just a single department within the company. Organizations intent on implementing major change initiatives such as Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma often use Policy Deployment to help assure their organization plans and executes well on the right business priorities.
Also known as Hoshin Kanri, this leadership process helps align activities at all levels of a company aligned with its key improvement themes.
This two day workshop covers the major planning and management control elements needed implement Policy Deployment. Numerous references to examples and case studies are used to show how integrated improvement themes, strategies and objectives are created, and organizational alignment achieved. Participants learn how Policy Deployment can be tailored to organizational needs and culture, and how to build people capability to achieve breakthrough performance.
The workshop is comprised of four components: an overview of policy deployment, the planning processes, management controls, and how to design and implement a sustainable policy deployment program tailored to your company.
This workshop is based upon a “learn by doing” approach.
- Participants learn through classroom lectures and discussions and then apply that learning immediately to create a mission and vision statement, as well as objectives and action plans
- The course ends with participants developing a performance measurement and tracking system to ensure that the learning is applied and does not remain simply an academic exercise
What You Will Learn
- Design intention
- Conceptual overview
Organizational planning and alignment
- Environmental assessment
- Creating organizational values, vision, and missions statements
- How to transform the fundamental mission, vision and values into strategic themes that drive the selection of objectives
- Establishing improvement themes and strategies
- How to develop key strategies, tactics and action plans required to achieve desired business results
- Developing key performance indicators
- Setting objectives (targets and plans)
- Creating and propagating objectives at all levels in the organization
- The “catchball” process
- The annual planning process
- How to create and implement relevant management controls
- How to become more effective as a manager in driving results achievement
- Closed loop thinking – the Deming cycle
- How to create a mechanism for results-based organizational performance feedback
- Check points, methods, frequencies
- Reporting systems and 4 Panel reports
- Reflection processes
Designing for success
- Understanding your current planning and management control systems
- Creating a Policy Deployment training and education plan
- Achieving leadership alignment on a policy deployment process
- Organizing the planning and deployment processes Common failure modes and countermeasures.
Graduates will have an understanding of the effective use of the policy deployment methodology and will have applied their knowledge of the methodology to create both objectives and a performance measurement and tracking system that will be used to manage the achievement of those objectives. As a consequence, graduates will have an improved capability to create, manage, and execute objectives that are aligned with the strategic intent of the company.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!