The new revision of the ISO9001 Quality Management System standard has recently been released. While most of the changes are relatively minor, it is important to ensure that you are completely aware of the nature of the changes and can determine which of them will affect you.
This revision has intensified the use of the “Process Approach” that was initially deployed in the ISO9001:2000 version. It has provided a revised definition of “Outsourced Processes” that might have significant implications for your organization. It also requires organizations to improve their “Root Cause Analysis” for both Corrective Actions and for Preventive Actions.
This one-day workshop provides participants with a full understanding of all of the changes in the newly released 2015 version of the standard.
This workshop combines classroom lectures with hands-on breakout sessions. Participants will use their new knowledge to create process maps for a real-life process, which they will then present to the rest of the group for further discussion and analysis. Additionally, participants will apply Corrective and Preventive Action analysis and planning using a structured Root Cause Analysis methodology.
What You Will Learn
- Background and history of ISO9001
- Overview of the current requirements of ISO9001:2015
- The exact nature of all of the changes to the ISO9001 standard, as released in the 2015 version
- How the revisions to the standard will affect you and your company
- Upgrade requirements and timelines
- Process Approach
- An overview of how to apply the “Process Approach” to your ISO9001 QMS
- Characteristics of a process
- How to diagram a process
- Process flow elements
- Standard symbols
- Benefits of diagramming a process
- How to look for improvement opportunities in a process flow diagram
- Auditing your QMS using a process approach
- Root Cause Analysis
- How the new ISO9001:2015 standard requires RCA
- A structured approach to RCA
- Alternative approaches
- Challenges in upgrading your QMS to the ISO9001:2015 standard
- Required effort
- Suggested timelines
- What’s next?
This course will provide participants with the information needed to make informed decisions about how the revisions to ISO9001 affect you and your company.
Participants who complete this course will be able to determine which of the new requirements apply to your organization and how to implement these new requirements.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!