Organizations of all kinds are increasingly concerned with achieving and demonstrating sound occupational health and safety (OH&S) performance by controlling their OH&S risks. This course is designed to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the internationally recognized ISO45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Requirements. The elements of the standard are covered in detail, with special emphasis on the various ways that manufacturing or service organizations can meet the requirements.
Taught as a traditional classroom seminar, this two day course provides participants an opportunity to learn through the examination of real-life case studies, breakout sessions and classroom discussions.
- Understand the ISO45001 requierments
- Understand how the standards are applicable to their organization
- Know the benefits & costs of registration
- Become familiar with alternative approaches to registration
- Know how to create the required documentation
- Understand the concepts of how to maintain the registration
- Be ready to implement ISO45001
What You Will Learn
Fundamentals of ISO45001:
- Definition of Occupational Health and Safety
- Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Risk Control
- Why ISO45001?
- When to pursue ISO45001?
- Benefits—tangible and intangible
- How ISO45001 integrates with your overall company improvement program
- Typical costs
- Initial registration
- On-going maintenance
- History of ISO45001
- Applicable standards & guidelines
- The registration process
- Internal and external audits
- How to achieve registration
- Creating the overall project plan
- Project timeline
- Differing approaches to registration
- Rapid vs. slow approach
- Developing documentation
- Implementing the requirements
- Conducting audits
- Using a consultant
- Typical consultant approaches
- Selecting the consultant that’s best for you
- Measuring consultant performance
- Review of the elements of ISO45001
- Examples of ISO45001 documentation
- Post-registration marketing strategies
- Obstacles to ISO45001 registration
- Strategies for overcoming obstacles
This course is primarily targeted at people who are driving the creation of company-wide health and safety management systems. Other people who may consider attending include management personnel and/or owners of companies that are interested in ISO45001.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!