ISO 9001:2015 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products or services that meet customer requirements. This course is designed to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the internationally recognized ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System standard. The elements of the standard are covered in detail, with special emphasis on the various ways that manufacturing or service organizations can meet the requirements.
Taught as a traditional classroom seminar, this one-half to two day course provides participants an opportunity to learn through the examination of real-life case studies, breakout sessions and classroom discussions.
- Understand the quality assurance standards
- Understand how the standards are applicable to their organization
- Know the benefits & costs of registration
- Become familiar with alternative approaches to registration
- Know how to create the required documentation
- Understand the concepts of how to maintain the registration
- Be ready to implement ISO9001
What You Will Learn
Fundamentals of ISO9001:
- Definition of Quality
- Quality Control
- Quality Assurance
- Why ISO?
- When to pursue ISO?
- Benefits—tangible and intangible
- How ISO integrates with your overall company improvement program
- Typical costs
- Initial registration
- On-going maintenance
- History of ISO
- Applicable standards & guidelines
- Selection and use of the standards
- The registration process
- Internal and external audits
- How to achieve registration
- Creating the overall project plan
- Project timeline
- Differing approaches to registration
- Rapid vs. slow approach
- Developing documentation
- Implementing the requirements
- Conducting audits
- Using a consultant
- Typical consultant approaches
- Selecting the consultant that’s best for you
- Measuring consultant performance
- The 7 elements of ISO9001:2015
- Examples of ISO9001 documentation
- Post-registration marketing strategies
- Obstacles to ISO9001 registration
- Strategies for overcoming obstacles
This course is primarily targeted at people who are driving the creation of company-wide quality management systems. Other people who may consider attending include management personnel and/or owners of companies that are interested in ISO9001.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!