ISO 22000 is a Food Safety Management System that uses a management system approach along with HACCP requirements and can be applied to any organization in the food chain. This course is designed to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the internationally recognized ISO 22000:2005 Food safety management systems — Requirements for any organization in the food chain. The elements of the standard are covered in detail, with special emphasis on the various ways that manufacturing or service organizations can meet the requirements.
Taught as a traditional classroom seminar, this two day course provides participants an opportunity to learn through the examination of real-life case studies, breakout sessions and classroom discussions.
- Understand the Food Safety Management standards
- Understand how the standards are applicable to their organization
- Know the benefits & costs of registration
- Become familiar with alternative approaches to registration
- Know how to create the required documentation
- Understand the concepts of how to maintain the registration
- Be ready to implement ISO 22000
What You Will Learn
Fundamentals of ISO 22000:
- Definition of Food Safety Management
- Management System Quality Assurance
- Why ISO 22000?
- When to pursue ISO 22000?
- Benefits—tangible and intangible
- How ISO 22000 integrates with your overall company improvement program
- Typical costs
- Initial registration
- On-going maintenance
- History of ISO 22000
- Applicable standards & guidelines
- The registration process
- Internal and external audits
- How to achieve registration
- Creating the overall project plan
- Project timeline
- Differing approaches to registration
- Rapid vs. slow approach
- Developing documentation
- Implementing the requirements
- Conducting audits
- Using a consultant
- Typical consultant approaches
- Selecting the consultant that’s best for you
- Measuring consultant performance
- Review of the elements of ISO 22000
- Examples of ISO 22000 documentation
- Post-registration marketing strategies
- Obstacles to ISO 22000 registration
- Strategies for overcoming obstacles
This course is primarily targeted at people who are driving the creation of company-wide food safety management systems. Other people who may consider attending include management personnel and/or owners of companies that are interested in ISO 22000.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!