ISO 20000 defines the requirements for an IT service provider to deliver managed IT services of an acceptable quality for its customers. This course is designed to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the internationally recognized ISO 20000:2005 Information technology — Service management, Part 1: Specification & Part 2: Code of practice. The elements of the standard are covered in detail, with special emphasis on the various ways that manufacturing or service organizations can meet the requirements.
Taught as a traditional classroom seminar, this two day course provides participants an opportunity to learn through the examination of real-life case studies, breakout sessions and classroom discussions.
- Understand the IT service management standards
- Understand how the standards are applicable to their organization
- Know the benefits & costs of registration
- Become familiar with alternative approaches to registration
- Know how to create the required documentation
- Understand the concepts of how to maintain the registration
- Be ready to implement ISO 20000
What You Will Learn
Fundamentals of ISO 20000:
- Definition of service management
- IT Service Management Processes
- IT Service Management Standard
- Why ISO 20000?
- When to pursue ISO 20000?
- Benefits—tangible and intangible
- How ISO 20000integrates with your overall company improvement program
- Typical costs
- Initial registration
- On-going maintenance
- History of ISO 20000
- Applicable standards & guidelines
- The registration process
- Internal and external audits
- How to achieve registration
- Creating the overall project plan
- Project timeline
- Differing approaches to registration
- Rapid vs. slow approach
- Developing documentation
- Implementing the requirements
- Conducting audits
- Using a consultant
- Typical consultant approaches
- Selecting the consultant that’s best for you
- Measuring consultant performance
- Review of the elements of ISO 20000
- Examples of ISO 20000 documentation
- Post-registration marketing strategies
- Obstacles to ISO 20000 registration
- Strategies for overcoming obstacles
This course is primarily targeted at people in the service desk, service support, service delivery and operations teams. Other people who may consider attending include management personnel and/or owners of companies that are interested in ISO 20000.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!