Accreditation reduces risk for business and its customers by assuring them that accredited bodies are competent to carry out the work they undertake within their scope of accreditation. This course is designed to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the internationally recognized ISO 17024:2003 Conformity assessment – General Requirements for Bodies operating Certification of Persons. The elements of the standard are covered in detail, with special emphasis on the various ways that manufacturing or service organizations can meet the requirements.
Taught as a traditional classroom seminar, this two day course provides participants an opportunity to learn through the examination of real-life case studies, breakout sessions and classroom discussions.
- Understand the certification standards
- Understand how the standards are applicable to their organization
- Know the benefits & costs of registration
- Become familiar with alternative approaches to registration
- Know how to create the required documentation
- Understand the concepts of how to maintain the registration
- Be ready to implement ISO 17024
What You Will Learn
Fundamentals of ISO 17024:
- Definition of certification
- Certification requirements
- Why ISO 17024?
- When to pursue ISO 17024?
- Benefits—tangible and intangible
- How ISO 17024 integrates with your overall company improvement program
- Typical costs
- Initial registration
- On-going maintenance
- History of ISO 17024
- Applicable standards & guidelines
- The registration process
- Internal and external audits
- How to achieve registration
- Creating the overall project plan
- Project timeline
- Differing approaches to registration
- Rapid vs. slow approach
- Developing documentation
- Implementing the requirements
- Conducting audits
- Using a consultant
- Typical consultant approaches
- Selecting the consultant that’s best for you
- Measuring consultant performance
- Review of the elements of ISO 17024
- Examples of ISO 17024 documentation
- Post-registration marketing strategies
- Obstacles to ISO 17024 registration
- Strategies for overcoming obstacles
This course is primarily targeted at people who are driving the creation of certification systems. Other people who may consider attending include management personnel and/or owners of companies that are interested in ISO 17024.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!