This course is designed to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the internationally recognized IATF16949:2016 Automotive Quality Management System standard. The elements of the standard are covered in detail, with special emphasis on the various ways that manufacturing or service organizations can meet the requirements.
Taught as a traditional classroom seminar, this two day course provides participants an opportunity to learn through the examination of real-life case studies, breakout sessions and classroom discussions.
- Understand the automotive quality assurance standards
- Understand how the standards are applicable to their organization
- Know the benefits & costs of registration
- Become familiar with alternative approaches to registration
- Know how to create the required documentation
- Understand the concepts of how to maintain the registration
- Be ready to implement TS16949
What You Will Learn
Fundamentals of IATF16949:
- Definition of Quality
- Quality Control
- Automotive Quality Assurance
- Why IATF16949?
- When to pursue IATF16949?
- Benefits—tangible and intangible
- How IATF16949 integrates with your overall company improvement program
- Typical costs
- Initial registration
- On-going maintenance
- History of IATF16949
- Applicable standards & guidelines
- The registration process
- Internal and external audits
- How to achieve registration
- Creating the overall project plan
- Project timeline
- Differing approaches to registration
- Rapid vs. slow approach
- Developing documentation
- Implementing the requirements
- Conducting audits
- Using a consultant
- Typical consultant approaches
- Selecting the consultant that’s best for you
- Measuring consultant performance
- Review of the elements of IATF16949
- Examples of IATF16949 documentation
- Post-registration marketing strategies
- Obstacles to IATF16949 registration
- Strategies for overcoming obstacles
This course is primarily targeted at people who are driving the creation of company-wide quality management systems. Other people who may consider attending include management personnel and/or owners of companies that are interested in IATF16949 (formerly TS16949).
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!