This course is designed to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the internationally recognized ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management System standard. The elements of the standard are covered in detail, with special emphasis on the various ways that organizations can meet the requirements.
Taught as a traditional classroom seminar, this two day course provides participants an opportunity to learn through the examination of real-life case studies, breakout sessions and classroom discussions.
- Understand the environmental management system standards
- Understand how the standards are applicable to their organization
- Know the benefits & costs of registration
- Explore the alternative of self-declaration
- Become familiar with alternative approaches to registration
- Know how to create the required documentation
- Understand the concepts of how to maintain the registration
- Be ready to implement ISO14001
What You Will Learn
Fundamentals of ISO14001:
- Environmental Management
- Due diligence
- Business performance, productivity, profits
- Why ISO14001?
- When to pursue ISO14001?
- Benefits—tangible and intangible
- How ISO14001 integrates with your overall company environmental improvement program
- Typical costs
- Initial registration
- On-going maintenance
- History of ISO14000
- Link with ISO9000
- Applicable standards & guidelines
- The registration process
- Internal and external audits
- How to achieve registration
- Creating the overall project plan
- Project timeline
- Differing approaches to registration
- Rapid vs. slow approach
- Developing documentation
- Implementing the requirements
- Conducting audits
- Using a consultant
- Typical consultant approaches
- Selecting the consultant that’s best for you
- Measuring consultant performance
- Review of the elements of ISO14001
- Examples of ISO14001 documentation
- Post-registration marketing strategies
- Obstacles to ISO14001 registration
- Strategies for overcoming obstacles
This course is primarily targeted at people who are driving the creation of company-wide environmental management systems. Other people who may consider attending include management personnel and/or owners of companies that are interested in ISO14001.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!