In December 1998, the Aerospace Industry had established the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) with the purpose of achieving significant improvements in quality and reductions in cost throughout the value stream. This course is designed to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the internationally recognized AS 9100-C Aerospace Quality Systems Standard – Model for Quality Assurance in Design, Development, Production, Installation and Servicing. The elements of the standard are covered in detail, with special emphasis on the various ways that manufacturing or service organizations can meet the requirements.
Taught as a traditional classroom seminar, this two day course provides participants an opportunity to learn through the examination of real-life case studies, breakout sessions and classroom discussions.
- Understand the aerospace quality assurance standards
- Understand how the standards are applicable to their organization
- Know the benefits & costs of registration
- Become familiar with alternative approaches to registration
- Know how to create the required documentation
- Understand the concepts of how to maintain the registration
- Be ready to implement AS9100-C
What You Will Learn
Fundamentals of AS9100:
- Definition of Quality
- Quality Control
- Aerospace Quality Assurance
- Why AS9100?
- When to pursue AS9100?
- Benefits—tangible and intangible
- How AS9100 integrates with your overall company improvement program
- Typical costs
- Initial registration
- On-going maintenance
- History of AS9100
- Applicable standards & guidelines
- The registration process
- Internal and external audits
- How to achieve registration
- Creating the overall project plan
- Project timeline
- Differing approaches to registration
- Rapid vs. slow approach
- Developing documentation
- Implementing the requirements
- Conducting audits
- Using a consultant
- Typical consultant approaches
- Selecting the consultant that’s best for you
- Measuring consultant performance
- Review of the elements of AS9100
- Examples of AS9100 documentation
- Post-registration marketing strategies
- Obstacles to AS9100 registration
- Strategies for overcoming obstacles
This course is primarily targeted at people who are driving the creation of company-wide quality management systems. Other people who may consider attending include management personnel and/or owners of companies that are interested in AS 9100:2009-C (formerly AS 9100:2000-B).
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!