This half-day overview course will take participants through the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), describing the relevant procedures, reporting requirements and activities as laid out in the PPAP Manual.
This is an activity-based workshop in which participants will be given a thorough background to APQP through classroom style training and team projects.
- Theory is immediately applied during the workshop as students are given the opportunity to work on individual and team assignments to practice what they are taught.
- Participants will be presented with many of the real-life obstacles and pitfalls encountered by quality managers as they attempt to implement APQP.
What You Will Learn
- The submission and specific requirements for part approval
- Records sample retention and part-submission status
- The required forms within the PPAP manual and how to use them
Graduates will have the thorough understanding of PPAP sufficient to develop and submit PPAP packages compliant with the TS 16949 requirements
Manufacturing Control Systems
Quality & Environmental Systems
Presentation & Leadership Skills
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!
. . . worked extremely well with the departmental and site managers . . . goal oriented and met the objectives set within the quoted budget and ensured the results were attained for the Company.
The guys from SatiStar did more in one week than we were able to do in 6 months.
Achieving ISO registration was far less onerous than we thought, our employees really rallied to the cause. The registration effort really brought us closer together as a team, and SatiStar really came through for us when we needed them.
We started this process a year ago with Mickey helping us create a spaghetti map of our processes on the whiteboard, and then his team guided us through their streamlining methodology and got us to where we are today. Our processes now look nothing like the spaghetti map – and we’re much more efficient today
This projected cycle time reduction of over 80% annual cost savings amounting to over 3% of sales, one-time savings of roughly $10 million, and working capital reduction of roughly $30 million really have us excited!
An outstanding success with Motorola’s vendor audit! What made this an exceptional achievement is that it typically takes 4 to 5 attempts to pass this audit. SatiStar’s expertise made it easy to avoid all the extra attempts.