This 5-day course is designed to provide participants with a methodology and the skills for leading internal audits of their construction company. This course will emphasize auditing to the Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard, OHSAS18000, within the construction industry.
While most internal auditor courses teach the philosophy of internal auditing, this course provides a “how-to” approach. Participants will know what to do, how to do it, and will be able to get into action immediately.
This 5 day course combines several learning techniques – classroom, case study, and team breakout. Participants are required to successfully complete a written examination on the final day.
What You Will Learn
Overview of OHSAS18001 standard:
- Definition of Quality
- Quality Assurance
- History of ISO
- Applicable standards & guidelines
- Review of the elements of OHSAS18001
- Reasons for & benefits of an audit
- Principles of an audit
- Types of audits
- Characteristics of a lead auditor
- Auditing process
- Pre-audit / Audit / Follow-up
- ISO19011 – Guidelines for auditing
- Preparing an audit plan
- Internal audit procedures
- Lead auditor & auditor responsibilities
- Audit team
- Auditor qualifications
- Audit checklist
- Review of the Policy Manual, Procedures and Work Instructions
How to Audit:
- Opening & closing an audit
- Auditor’s rules and conduct
- Preparing for interviews
- Difficulties in auditing
- What to observe
- Using an audit checklist
- Using the Policy Manual, Procedures & Work Instructions
- Writing and logging Corrective Action Requests
- Audit Follow-up
This course is primarily targeted at those who have been selected by their organization to lead internal audits of your company’s management systems. Other people who may consider attending include Management Representatives or anyone who will benefit from an in-depth knowledge of how internal audits are to be conducted.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!