A major problem with any team of employees within organizations is their inability to rapidly achieve desired results. This course is designed to provide participants with the fundamental skills necessary for effective facilitation of teams. Participants will explore how to lead and facilitate teams of employees to achieve rapid improvements in business processes using a structured approach. Participates will learn by doing. Participants will learn about themselves, their own learning, facilitation and leadership styles and how to recognize and work with the styles of team members.
This course is primarily targeted at anyone who is designated as a facilitator for achieving improvement through teams. Other people who may consider attending include anyone who is leading or participating on a business process re-engineering team.
This workshop is one of the most experiential courses that SatiStar provides.
- Theory is immediately applied during the workshop as students are given an example to role play, deliver individual presentations and work on individual and team assignments to practice what they are taught
- Participants are provided feedback an skills development through on-going critiques, and will be able to follow their own progress throughout the course by being videotaped
- Participants will learn about themselves, their own learning, facilitation and leadership styles and how to recognize and work with the styles of team members
- The many obstacles and pitfalls encountered by process improvement teams and how to avoid them
- How to facilitate rapid improvements in business processes using a structured approach
What You Will Learn
- Leadership Styles
- Situational Leadership
- Active Listening
- Achieving Consensus
- Developing Process Improvement Implementation Plans
- Group Management
- Conflict Management
- Group Process
- Group Roles
- Monitoring and Intervention
- Up-Front Skills
- Room Layout
- Learning Styles
- Teaching Adults vs. Children
- Learning Engineering Process
Graduates will have the theoretical and practical knowledge needed with regard to team dynamics, the obstacles and pitfalls encountered by teams, different leadership and facilitation styles, and their own styles to be able to effectively lead a business performance improvement team. Depending upon the course options chosen, graduates will also receive training on an effective methodology for continuous improvement that can be used in a team setting.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!