This 2 day workshop provides participants with an introduction to the fundamentals of effective supervision. Participants gain an understanding of the vital contribution effective supervisors make to their organization. The workshop provides clarity on supervisory roles and responsibilities, and provides a solid introduction to the behaviour and skills needed to successfully fulfill that role.
Those who should attend include new supervisors who need a clear job definition and an introduction to core supervisory skills, behaviour and practical know-how. Experienced supervisors who would like to improve their on-the-job effectiveness. Teams of supervisors who would like to achieve a common understanding and alignment on their roles and responsibilities, and how best to improve their effectiveness.
This generalist course for supervisors starts with the end in mind: what contributions and benefits in the workplace are provided by an effective supervisor. The course then provides an introduction to the values, roles and responsibilities, leadership styles, skills, and behaviour demonstrated by effective supervisors. A clear distinction is made between performance improvement and maintaining control. Participants reflect on their experience and develop action plans for success, with the focus on the application of concepts learned in the workshop.
What You Will Learn
- Value systems, roles and responsibilities of effective supervisors
- Leadership styles that get results and garner respect
- Supervisory skills including
- Techniques for delegating effectively
- Emotional intelligence
- Fine-tuning your communication skills
- Strategies for increasing motivation and gaining commitment
- Suggestions for building and fine-tuning teams
- Managing performance for productivity
- Your supervisory strengths and improvement opportunities
- Gain clarity on your role and responsibility as a supervisor
- Learn ways to build your image as a leader who can get results
- Explore ways to make the most of available resources
- Increase your impact as a communicator
- Gain confidence in your abilities to effectively influence others
- Define and analyze your own personal leadership style
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Develop a personal action plan for success
- Learn the most effective tools for motivating, increasing productivity and accomplishing goals
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!