Leadership is all about achieving results through the work of others. This 3 day live-in course has a strong focus on developing an in-depth understanding of how teams work in a variety of typical business situations. It is designed to provide participants with the fundamental skills necessary for effective leadership in today’s business environment. Participants will explore how to lead and facilitate teams of employees to rapidly and effectively achieve desired business results.
This course is primarily targeted at anyone who is in a leadership position in their organization. Other people who may consider attending include anyone who is leading or participating on any improvement project team.
This workshop is extremely intensive, difficult and highly experiential. Participants learn by doing.
- Theory is immediately applied during the workshop as students are given an example to role play, deliver individual presentations and work on individual and team assignments to practice what they are taught
- Participants are provided feedback on skills development through on-going critiques, and will be able to follow their own progress throughout the course by being videotaped
- Participants will be presented with many of the real-life obstacles and pitfalls encountered by leaders, and learn how to handle them
- Participants will learn about themselves, their own learning, facilitation and leadership styles and how to recognize and work with the styles of others Presentation skills, including up-front skills, and the effective use of audio visual aids
- Group management and group process, including control and intervention techniques
- The three main dimensions that influence the performance of teams: maturity, relationships and task focus
- How a leader must be able to modify his/her leadership style based on these team dimensions, and the specific attributes of the situation faced by the team
- The many obstacles and pitfalls encountered by teams and how to avoid them
What You Will Learn
- Leadership Styles
- Situational Leadership
- Active Listening
- Achieving Consensus
- Developing Process Improvement Implementation Plans
- Group Management
- Conflict Management
- Group Process
- Group Roles
- Monitoring and Intervention
- Up-Front Skills
- Room Layout
- Learning Styles
- Teaching Adults vs. Children
- Learning Engineering Process
Graduates will have the theoretical and practical experience needed to prepare, organize and present a competent presentation and have strategies to handle the many obstacles and pitfalls encountered by public speakers. Through critiquing their own performance on videotape, participants will have an awareness of their own presentation style and will have increased confidence when called upon to speak in front of groups.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!