Value Stream Mapping (VSM) is a simple tool that helps you visualize process performance. It is not a process flow diagram, nor is it a shop floor layout tool. VSM is often the first step in a Lean Manufacturing transformation, used to understand “current state”.
VSM looks at both material and information flows by product family. It allows the user to determine process time and lead time for the current state business process and calculate the effects of process changes for some improved future state.
This workshop is designed to provide participants with a working knowledge of the concepts of Value Stream Mapping and it’s application. It is for those individuals tasked with implementing Lean process improvements in their organization.
Through instruction, discussion and exercises, this workshop will teach participants how to create a simple current state value stream map and use it to analyze the effect of future state process improvements.
What You Will Learn
Participants will learn:
- History of Lean in Manufacturing and Service Organizations
- Building Blocks of Lean
- Project Initiation
- Defining Product Families
- Creating a Current State Map
- Identifying Improvement Opportunities
- Creating the Future State Map
- Process Improvement Planning
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- Basic concepts of Lean
- The 4 steps for Value Stream Mapping
- How to create a current state map
- What to look for in the current state – the 8 wastes of Lean
- The key future state questions
- How to create a future state map
- Planning tips for improvement
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!