Supplier performance is becoming increasingly important; as your customers place additional demands upon your organization for faster and more reliable deliveries, better quality and lower prices. It is critical to maintain your key suppliers and develop their capabilities, and identify problem suppliers quickly to eliminate them from your supply chain. Supplier capability assessments are an important tool that will enable you to identify your suppliers’ base capabilities and their performance and system gaps. Implementation of an effective assessment program also includes the creation of action plans and a progress reporting system to monitor the progress that your suppliers make towards your agreed upon objectives.
Attendees will learn through doing in this highly interactive program taught by master instructors. The course design features several learning techniques, including classroom study, case study and team breakouts.
Theory is applied in break-out sessions by students such that they can practice utilizing the theory in real-life situations.
What You Will Learn
- Relating your supplier qualification process to your company strategy
- Pre-assessment planning
- Designing supplier capability assessments, identifying critical performance metrics for cost, quality, deliver, responsiveness, communication and other parameters
- Conducting the on-site assessment
- Analyzing the data
- Benchmarking supplier performance
- Evaluating corporate culture
- Creating action plans for gap closure, and effective gap closure techniques
Graduates of this course will have the necessary foundation to design and implement a supplier capability assessment program within their company. They will understand how to design, plan and implement an assessment, and how to assess both those things that can be measured, and the softer things such as a supplier’s culture, and the commitment that the management team has to meeting or exceeding customer requirements.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!