SatiStar’s Quality Function Deployment (QFD) Workshop provides participants with a thorough grounding in the design intentions, methods, and skills required for implementing QFD. In this workshop, the use of QFD as a tool to help with the increasingly difficult challenge of translating customer needs into superior product and process designs, design metrics and product features is explored.
This two-day workshop provides a thorough introduction to Quality Function Deployment (QFD), the most comprehensive and objective tool for translating customer needs into superior product designs. Quality Function Deployment is also presented as a means of dealing with conflicting data and points of view to generate better and more innovative ways of responding to customer needs.
This workshop provides a combination of classroom instruction with workshop elements. Participants will augment their technical training with hands-on practice with job-specific QFD applications. SatiStar addresses both the typical failure modes associated with many QFD programs and provides guidance on the proper use of QFD tools and methods in order to streamline implementation.
A focus on practical QFD execution methods and tools that minimizes the tedium associated with QFD without sacrificing rigor or results
- QFD is taught for multiple applications including, manufacturing, service, software, and planning
- QFD methods are linked to your internal business processes, as well as to other tools such as DfSS, Hoshin Kanri, Lean Manufacturing and PACE©
- An emphasis on hands-on learning using participant case studies
- Post-workshop QFD process options and simplification is addressed
- Tested solutions are provided for assuring QFD program “Design for Success” and sustainability
What You Will Learn
- Basic QFD methods and tools, including manufacturing, service, planning and software QFD’s
- How to integrate QFD with your business tools and improvement processes
- How to design a sustainable and successful QFD program in your own organization
Graduates will have the experience, technical knowledge and confidence needed to be able to plan and execute successful QFD applications. They will also have the ability to engage their organization in planning for a sustainable QFD program across their organization.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!