Lean Production Control is the next logical step beyond making value stream improvements for individual product families. This workshop addresses how to implement a Lean production control system, using pull thinking and production levelling to tie together product family flows across the entire facility.
Those who would benefit from attending this workshop include production control, manufacturing management, technical support and purchasing personnel and lean change agents. Organizations that would benefit from this workshop manufacture some standard products made using multi-step processes, and have mastered some basic lean tools and concepts.
This workshop does not cover operational planning (including capacity planning, forecasting, master production scheduling, or material requirements planning) or the material flow within a cell or from a purchased parts supermarket to a cell.
Through instruction, discussion, an in-class simulation and exercises, this workshop explains how to implement and sustain Lean flow using pull and production levelling, starting with customer demand and working back through finished goods to raw materials.
What You Will Learn
Specific topics include:
- When to build-to-stock versus build-to-order.
- Buffering demand using finish goods inventory.
- Selecting the pacemaker processes.
- Levelling production.
- Providing production instructions to the shop floor.
- Selecting small batch versus one-by-one production.
- Using replenishment schedule principles versus sequential pull.
- Using production instruction, parts withdrawal, and signal kanbans.
- Establishing supermarkets for internal components.
- Establishing lot sizes for batch processes.
- Establishing “pitch” intervals for production instructions.
- Extending Lean production control across the entire facility.
This workshop will equip you with all the basic tools needed to design and implement pull and levelled demand systems throughout your facility.
The benefits to achieving a facility-wide Lean production control system include:
- Manufacturing lead time reduced 20-90 percent.
- On-time delivery improvement up to 100 percent.
- Inventory levels optimized.
- Productivity improved as much as 30 percent.
- Overtime and expediting reduced
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!