Every shop floor has at least one pacemaker process where products take their final form for external customers. These processes control how well you respond to external customers, and drive demand for internal upstream processes. Poor cell design or a drift from Lean practices can generate widespread performance problems. This 2 day workshop teaches you how to carefully analyze and improve this key process, and sustain the gains made. Skills taught in this workshop are transferable to upstream work cells.
Those who would benefit from attending this workshop include operators, engineers, managers, supervisors, technical support personnel and change agents. Organizations that would benefit from this workshop have processes that are:
- Completely manual production.
- Operator-driven cells.
- Production lines incorporating automated equipment.
- Conveyor-driven production lines.
- Partially automated transfer lines (with operator work stations).
- Organizations that have implemented value stream mapping and have begun implementing lean in other areas of their organization.
This workshop does not apply to a customized job shop.
The design and sustained operation of an ideal pacemaker cell will be taught through instruction, class discussions, and hands-on exercises. The workshop will step you through the initial cell analysis, creation and implementation of an improved cell. Practical worksheets, formulas, and checklists will be used and provided. A case study using a realistic production example will be used to learn concepts and generate exercises.
What You Will Learn
Participants will learn to:
- Plan, organize and implement a pacemaker improvement plan
- Systematically analyze an existing pacemaker cell and diagnose key problems
- Identify, time and analyze current state work elements.
- Systematically improve the design the future state consistent with Lean principles
- Distribute the elements among the proper number of operators in relation to takt time.
- Encourage operator involvement in improving the cell.
- Balance operator work elements to expose waste.
- Layout machines and workstations.
- React to changes in demand.
- Select the right level of automation.
- Achieve sustainability using the Standardize / Do / Check / Act (S/D/C/A) model
- Design overlapping audits for operators, team leaders, supervisors, and area managers.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to analyze and improve a pacemaker production process in order to create and sustain continuous flow. Well designed and operated pacemaker cells generate significant benefits, including:
- Improved cycle times.
- Higher productivity.
- Higher production output.
- The ability to adjust cell operations to meet changing customer demand.
- The ability to sustain higher performance.
- Improved delivery performance to external customers
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!