This course is designed to provide participants with a structured methodology for addressing customer complaints and improving business processes in multi-functional, multi-level teams. Participants will learn how to be part of a team of employees focused on achieving rapid resolution to identified problems across the entire organization.
Held in a traditional classroom setting, this course provides a “recipe” approach to solving problems.
Participants will learn when to apply this industry-wide standard problem-solving approach. This is also an excellent approach for addressing the corrective action requirements of both ISO9000 and QS9000.
Participants will learn the elements of customer-focused problem solving. Using a team approach, they will learn how to contain the problem, how to apply interim and permanent corrective actions. A key part of this effort also includes the verification that the solutions work, and then validating their solutions with the customer. They will learn how to create process flow diagrams and then look for cause & effect relationships within the process to see how the different steps in any process impact output.
Dr. Deming’s simple statistical tools are also used to analyze several typical complex business situations in a team case study.
Participants will learn through classroom lectures and discussions, analysis of a real-life case-study and team breakouts on the use of specific tools.
What You Will Learn
- The elements of customer-focused problem solving.
- How to contain a problem, how to apply interim and permanent corrective actions.
- When to apply the 8D problem solving approach.
- How to use Dr. Deming’s simple statistical tools to analyze several typical complex business situations in a team case study.
- How to create process flow diagrams and then look for cause and effect relationships within the process to see how the different steps in any process impact output.
- How to verify that the implemented solutions are effective at resolving the problem.
- How to validate solutions with the customer.
- How to incorporate lessons learned across the entire organization.
Graduates will have an understanding of, and be able to effectively use the 8 Disciplines of Problem Solving approach to resolve problems or customer complaints. They will be able to contain a problem until a permanent corrective solution is found. Graduates will also know how to verify the effectiveness of the implemented solution, and validate the solution with their customer.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!