“You can’t improve it if you can’t measure it.”
Measurement systems are the eyes of your business processes. It’s critical for those eyes to be able to see how close the process output is to the desired result. Measurement systems are often overlooked in the rush to improve our processes, yet they are often the cause of unacceptable process output. The process cannot be seen if the measurement system has too much variation or is out of control.
Calibration alone is not enough! Until you ensure that the measurement system is both capable and in a state of statistical control, your process will continue to perform unacceptably.
Our methodology will enable you to assess the precision and accuracy of your measurement systems, understand sources of variation and thereby stabilize and enhance their capability.
Held in either a traditional classroom setting or right on the shop floor, this training provides participants with “hands-on” Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) tools.
Participants will learn that variation from all of the following sources can be assessed, must be controlled and improved:
- Measurement methods and procedures
- Machines or devices used for measurements
- Samples upon which measurements are made
- Workers who make the measurements
- Environmental factors
What You Will Learn
- Overview of process improvement methodology
- Measurement system capability assessment
- Precision & accuracy
- Interlaboratory comparisons
- Statistical process control tools for measurement systems
- How to handle attribute measures
- Gauge management software
Graduates will be able to rapidly and reliably examine and improve their measurement systems.
This training is also important for any organization that is working on becoming registered to an international standard, including ISO9001, TS16949 and others.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!