These are Executive Information Systems (EIS) that enable you to focus your attention where needed.
These systems include management reports, scorecards and dashboards.
Scope And Deliverables
The emphasis of most Executive Information Systems (EIS) is on graphical displays and easy-to-use user interfaces. They offer strong reporting and drill-down capabilities. In general, EIS are enterprise-wide Decision Support Systems (DSS) that help top-level executives analyze, compare, and highlight trends in important variables so that they can monitor performance and identify opportunities and problems.
SatiStar knows the value of information. Our experience is that most companies are data rich and information poor. They struggle with too much data, poor data (dirty), untimely, inaccessible or standalone (data which is not well integrated). Often organizations also suffer from limited useful information that allows them to make informed, fact-based decisions.
The second issue is that many companies have too many Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). They are unable to determine which indicators are truly “key” and which are noise and therefore provide no real value. This noise usually results in management focusing on the wrong indicators, resulting in an improper use of resources. This slows improvement, causes operational issues due to poor assignment of resources. It also increases headcount costs, resulting from having to compensate for a grossly inefficient assignment of existing resources.
The final issue is a lack of consistency of information. Often mangers and executives waste valuable meeting time discussing the accuracy of reoprts rather than making important business decisions.
SatiStar’s approach is to work with clients to achieve the following:
- Agreed-upon minimal number of KPIs
- Reporting frequency
- Drill down capabilities to understand the root cause behind the numbers
- Distribution of information, internal and external
- Information consistency
- Client access to increase visibility and increase customer satisfaction
- Vendor access to develop scorecards to measure value of supply chain
What We Will Do
- Create a detailed information requirements document.
- Develop the correct number of KPIs consistent with decision making requirements of the business.
- Identify all data sources and elements to support reporting requirements.
- Design and develop reporting environment
- Use, provide or reccomend a suitable reporting tool.
- Cleanse, validate and migrate all required data sources into target reporting environment.
- Create user profiles based on requirements and job functions
- Develop reporting dashboard to meet users requirements
- Generate agreed KPIs and reporting schedule including distribution list and access.
- Provide end-user training to be self sufficient
What We Need You To Do
- Provide us with the contact information of your key IT and business personnel.
- Authorize each of these personnel to provide SatiStar with information that we will use for our work.
- Ensure availability of these personnel for us to be able to obtain the required information in a timely fashion.
- Access to IT environment to understand source data elements.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!