The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) issued by the UK’s Office of Government Commerce (OGC) provides concepts, policies and guidelines for managing IT infrastructure, development and operations. Leveraging the ITIL framework provides organizations with the ability effectively maintain service level agreements, while reducing costs, incidents and problems.
The ISO/IEC20000-1 standard provides the requirements and a structure for the implementation of a world-class benchmark for the management of IT services. Although it uses different language, this standard is very closely aligned with the ITIL framework. Taken together, these two standards represent the best practices available globally for IT service management.
Scope And Deliverables
Adoption of the IT best practices foundation of ITIL and ISO20000 will provide you with a globally recognized approach to managing your business practices in a world-class manner. Typical benefits of implementing ITIL / ISO20000 include:
- User credibility – your customers know that your resources are focused on consistently meeting agreed-upon requirements.
- Operational cost savings – typically amounting to 20-30%, mainly due to improved overall processes, including those for incident management and problem resolution.
- Effective supplier management – ensuring seamless transactions throughout the entire value chain.
- Best practices – your IT processes will be benchmarked against industry-wide accepted IT best practices, providing you with a clear competitive advantage.
What We Will Do
- Mitigation of risk – Catalog of services, capacity plans, contingency plans, SLAs, etc. well documented, organized, communicated, followed, audited
- Integrated solution / ITIL “Plus” – The ISO9000 standard shares much with the ISO20000 standard. SatiStar will implement all of the ISO20000 requirements and the best of ISO9000.
- Incident and problem management system – SatiStar will use the ISO20000 standard to provide a world-class, closed-loop incident and problem management system
- Internal audit – SatiStar’s qualified personnel will conduct an internal audit based on the ISO20000 requirements to determine your ITIL maturity. SatiStar will provide support and assistance to ensure that all deficiencies identified by the internal audit are addressed satisfactorily in a timely manner
- Certified internal auditor training – SatiStar will provide training in Internal Audit techniques to identified personnel. This will provide you with the internal capability to maintain the ITIL / ISO20000 system on an on-going basis regardless of your intentions to become certified to the ISO20000 standard.
What We Need You To Do
- Provide us with the contact information of your key personnel.
- Authorize each of these personnel to provide SatiStar with information that we will use for our work.
- Ensure availability of these personnel for us to be able to obtain the required information in a timely fashion.
- Provide access to relevant personnel (those who actually do the job) to enable SatiStar’s personnel to map out the key business processes. This is typically ½ to 1 hour per area.
- Provide access to company documents and records.
- Provide a working area for SatiStar’s personnel.
- Ensure timely review and approval of the submitted documents (typically ½ to 1 day for detailed review).
- Implement recommended actions in a timely fashion.
- Ensure personnel are available for training as needed, without undue delays.
- Provide access to auditees during the internal and external audits.
- Implement corrective actions as required to address internal audit non-conformances in a timely fashion.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!