If your business requires your data centre to be a high availability operational service you need a highly reliable operations support group to ensure that your availability requirements can be consistently met and sustained.
SatiStar takes a Quality Management Systems approach to IT Service Management to deliver the end-to-end support models focused on data centre management and controls. Front-line manufacturing and service personnel have long been gaining the benefits of using best practice concepts including those from ISO, Six-Sigma, Lean Systems, Continual Improvement and Process Thinking. It is now time for IT Service groups to capitalize on these techniques.
Scope And Deliverables
Using a life-cycle approach to IT Service Management combined with data centre operational controls, SatiStar’s comprehensive support model includes Policies, Processes, Procedures, Training and Controls needed to sustain highly reliable operations.
1. Policy deployment structure
- Processes / Procedures
- Support models
- Work Instructions
2. Cultural transformation
- Team-based solutions
- Organizational alignment
- Management Control Systems / Policy Deployment
- Supporting skills development
3. Process Implementation
- Process reengineering
- Process design
- IT Service Continuity Management (ITSC)
- Service Planning Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- Infrastructure Stability
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Release Management
- Rapid Response
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Rapid Diagnosis
- Emergency Change and Release Management
- Service-Level Management
- SLAs, OLAs, Underpinning contracts
- Facilitate / guide implementation
- Process audits
- Supporting documentation
- Key Performance Indicators & reporting
4. Data Centre Support Models
- Service Management Support
- Infrastructure Management
- Applications Management
- Database Management
- Testing & Quality Control
What We Will Do
- Project Management
- Provide model of the target state
- Gap Assessment to the target state
- Provide models and templates for rapid deployment and implementation
- Training and skills development
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) – risk identification and prioritization
- High Reliability Problem Solving
- Service Management Lifecycle Model
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Component Failure Impact Analysis (CFIA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Managerial Analytics and Troubleshooting (Rapid Diagnosis Tools)
- Management Control Systems
- Management coaching
- Provide processes and procedures
- Available library of standardized templates to speed up implementation
- Design processes
- Guide process implementation
- Create document structure
- Policy manual
- Process Reference documents
- Audit requirements
- Security requirements
- Support models
- Procedures and work instructions
- Validate compliance to policies, processes, standards and controls
What We Need You To Do
- Provide us with the contact information of your key personnel.
- Authorize each of these personnel to provide SatiStar with information that we will use for our work.
- Ensure availability of these personnel for us to be able to obtain the required information in a timely fashion.
- Provide access to relevant personnel (those who actually do the job) to enable SatiStar’s personnel to map out the key business processes. This is typically ½ to 1 hour per area.
- Provide access to company documents and records.
- Provide access to relevant IT support systems, processes and management control systems.
- Provide a working area for SatiStar’s personnel.
- Ensure timely review and approval of the submitted documents (typically ½ to 1 day for detailed review).
- Implement recommended actions in a timely fashion.
- Ensure personnel are available for training as needed, without undue delays.
- Provide access to auditees during the internal and external audits.
- Implement corrective actions as required to address internal audit non-conformances in a timely fashion.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!