A major element of cost for many companies that are implementing new enterprise-wide IT systems such as SAP, is that historical data must be moved from the old system to the new. We can bring our expertise and integration tools to facilitate this move, at substantially lower cost to you.
Scope And Deliverables
SatiStar can quickly and efficiently transform business processes by integrating existing data, applications, and environments with new systems and applications – including all popular ERP, CRM, and SCM application packages; messaging technologies such as MQSeries; application technologies like Java™/J2EE/JCA and XML; and new Internet technologies such as Web Services and .Net.
In the migration of data from one system to another, a data transformation converts data from a source data format into destination data.
Data transformation can be divided into two steps:
- Data mapping maps data elements from the source to the destination and captures any transformation that must occur.
- Code generation that creates the actual transformation program.
Data element to data element mapping is frequently complicated by complex transformations that requires one-to-many and many-to-one transformation rules.
In an automated migration activity, the code generation step takes the data element mapping specification and creates an executable program that can be run on a computer system.
What We Will Do
SatiStar provides expert design, systems architecture, implementation, and project management services for all your data integration projects. We will help you:
- Design and implement your initial data migration.
- On an on-going basis, distribute information between different applications to ensure accurate and reliable data across the enterprise.
- Integrate information between mission-critical systems and Web applications so that employees, customers and partners have access to real-time information.
- Consolidate financial data across systems in different regions, departments, or business units.
- Improve the operational performance of systems that are adversely affected by shrinking nightly batch windows and expensive query and reporting functions.
What We Need You To Do
- Provide a list of data sources and targets.
- Provide us with access to key IT and business resources. (Knowledge workers, DBA’s and data architects.)
- Provide us with relevant information on your existing IT structure and environment.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!