A discipline applying technical and administrative direction and surveillance to identify and document the functional and physical characteristics of a configuration item, to control changes to those characteristics, to record and report change processing and implementation status, and to verify compliance with specified requirements.
We can help create a world-class configuration management system and database – to minimize wasted effort, maximize validity of information.
Scope And Deliverables
Configuration Management is the process of identifying and defining the items in the system, controlling the change of these items throughout their lifecycle, recording and reporting the status of items and change requests, and verifying the completeness and correctness of items.
In summary, it is the art of providing systematic and uniform configuration identification, control, and accounting of an equipment and its parts.
- Configuration identification – Identifying and defining the Configuration Items of a programme / project / service. This is the technical data describing the approved configuration of the product OR the process for identifying these data, the product, and the changes made to them.
- Configuration control – Controlling the release and change of theses items throughout the system / project life cycle. The evaluation, coordination, and approval of all changes to the configuration defined by the baseline.
- Configuration accounting – Recording and reporting the status of Configuration Items and change requests, and the reporting and recording of all changes made to the baseline. Verifying the completeness and correctness of Configuration Items.
- Baseline – An approved reference point for control of future changes to a product’s performance, construction and design. Maintaining integrity and traceability throughout the system.
What We Will Do
- Develop a complete understanding of the items for which configuration management will be applied.
- Examine the item history, as well as any planned changes to the items to ensure that the designed configuration management system will reflect complete range of the item’s variation.
- Design a CM system.
- Provide guidance on the selection of the best fit software solution.
- If desired, automate the CM system using an agreed-upon software solution.
- Test and debug the implemented solution.
- If desired, assist in the migration of historical data to the new system.
- Provide training as required.
- Provide on-going support if requested.
What We Need You To Do
- Provide us with access to key relevant employees and managers.
- Authorize these resources to provide us with the required information.
- Provide us with required access to your IT systems.
- If desired, assign an internal configuration management system design team to the project.
- Ensure availability of the team for working on the project in a timely manner.
- Ensure management availability to review and approve the team’s recommendations in a timely manner.
- Provide appropriate working space for the team’s activities.
- Implement approved recommendations in a timely manner (including the purchase of any software solution).
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!