Avery Dennison (FRNA) manufactures pressure sensitive labels with over a billion dollars in sales, and 19 manufacturing and distribution sites throughout North America. SatiStar had identified the need for process consistency from site to site as one of findings from a business assessment.
SatiStar designed and implemented an electronic quality management system (QSi*) that included:
- Global corrective action system (with all 19 sites) with electronic notification and escalation through Avery’s email system
- Global internal audit system consolidating findings from all sites into one database
- Doc and data control systems for each site which allowed the sharing of global documents (level II procedures) and local control over site specific work instructions
- Electronic calibration and preventive maintenance system with automatic alerts and escalation
- Employee training system with automatic notification of procedure / work instruction updates
The result was the successful registration of all 19 sites to ISO 9001:2000