Setup reduction provides for the rapid and efficient convertion a manufacturing process from running the current product to running the next product. These projects are also referred to as “quick changeover”. Quick changeovers are a critical element in reducing overall process cycle time. SatiStar’s proven methodologies minimize the overall time to implement setup reduction improvements.
Scope And Deliverables
This project involves SatiStar facilitating the creation and activity of an improvement team focused on improving plant-wide setup performance. Project outcomes will include:
- Reduced setup times / increased productivity – Improved and standardized machine setup processes. Setup times will be significantly reduced on production equipment.
- Training – Custom setup Improvement training including setup improvement thinking, jargon, use, tools and methodologies.
- Structured methodology – A systematic, structured approach to implementing team-based setup improvement will be created that can be deployed across the entire organization. Team members will have the ability to create and follow plans which leverage setup improvements quickly and efficiently across the plant.
- Key performance measures – SatiStar will facilitate the identification of appropriate setup performance measures.
- Teamwork – SatiStar will provide facilitation for one setup team that will first work on improving setup on one machine, followed by facilitation for that team to improve setup across similar lines.
- Design for sustainability – Many setup improvement programs fail because of poor planning or execution. The team will be guided in the creation of clearly defined improvement action plans and project management.
What We Will Do
- Guidance in the selection of the project team and the candidates for initial training.
- Guidance to the team and to management to ensure appropriate buy-in.
- Facilitation of project planning and coordination.
- Delivery of a customized Setup Improvement workshop. (i.e. videotaping your process setup for use as a training aid).
- Facilitation of a successful, team-driven, setup project and leveraging improvements across all similar lines.
- Guidance in designing an improved set-up process, taking into account the standardization requirements for all similar machines and associated tooling.
- Guidance to ensure an effective standardization plan for leveraging improvements across all similar lines.
- Guidance for the team to present results and recommendations to senior management.
- Guidance for the design and implementation of setup performance measures – including productivity and quality.
- Recommendations to management supporting the future rollout of set-up improvement projects.
What We Need You To Do
- Provide us with current contact information and an organization chart for key personnel at the relevant facilities.
- Help propose and assign team members for the setup teams
- Ensure availability of these personnel for participation over the duration of the projects
- Reviewing, and if appropriate approving the teams’ recommendations for improvement.
- Implementing the actions as approved.
- Provide appropriate training and meeting space and materials.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!