This assessment is designed to provide a rapid and thorough diagnostic that will identify the major gaps and opportunities for improving the quality management system. This project is a QMS diagnostic along with a practical implementation plan for achieving rapid improvement to the quality management system. Through effective management of that system, the company’s process and product quality will be rapidly improved.
Scope And Deliverables
The outcomes of this assessment will be the following:
- Identification of quick hit improvement opportunities that will be the responsibility of your quality team to realize either through individual or team effort. The quick hits identification exercise will focus on improvements that can be made with little or no capital expense, in a short period of time, typically without using any additional external consulting resource. Our assessments typically identify dozens of opportunities of this type. These improvement opportunities will be provided to you after our presentation to the management team.
- A vision for the future operation of the quality management function, which would show how the quality function can contribute to the organization’s major improvement goals across the major processes that include order fulfillment, product design, launch and customer satisfaction measurement.
- A coherent framework for addressing the current challenge of making the quality function more of a driving force and a performance improvement engine for the organization. That framework will address issues such as the following:
- Cultural change and change management strategies to achieve rapid and sustainable improvement.
- Planning, organizing and achieving improvement.
- Selection, acceptance and utilization of metrics that are relevant and effective in driving beneficial change.
- Coaching on past initiatives the reasons for projects or programs stalling out or failing to deliver expected results.
- An evaluation of the current QMS from a performance basis, and the changes that would be required to transform the current system into one that was consistent with the improvement results being demanded.
- Coaching on management control systems and their effective design and use within the quality function
- Provision of a high-level implementation plan. This implementation plan will consider the future vision provided and will address the major identified gaps and opportunities as well as the most effective use of internal resources available to drive improvement
What We Will Do
- Interview key leaders to understand the overall goals of the organization.
- Conduct interviews with key process owners, and sample personnel across the entire organization.
- Collect process, operational and financial data.
- Determine the capabilities of key people, including the leadership team.
- Analyze relevant factors that influence business and process performance.
- Analyze process alternatives.
- Quantify gain potential.
- Create a set of recommendations for improvement and an overall timeline for their implementation.
- Provide a detailed presentation to the leadership team that highlights our findings, recommendations and the overall improvement roadmap.
What We Need You To Do
- Assign a liaison. The liaison will provide an overview to SatiStar of the operations and identify key personnel to be interviewed. The liaison will also provide SatiStar with company information as available, including a plant layout, an organizational chart, and business data as appropriate.
- Provide SatiStar with access to company employees to conduct interviews, with interviews lasting usually not more than two hours.
- Authorize employees to provide SatiStar with information that we will use for our analysis.
- After the presentation is delivered, clients are asked to re-convene their management team without SatiStar being present. Your management team must own whatever solution is ultimately agreed upon. It is this session in which the team discusses the SatiStar presentation, the discussion that followed that presentation, and any thoughts that they had which emerged subsequent to the SatiStar presentation.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!