Customer satisfaction is a business term which is used to capture the idea of measuring how satisfied an enterprise’s customers are with the organization’s efforts in a marketplace.
We can design and deploy customer satisfaction measurement systems, including facilitating customer focus groups.
Scope And Deliverables
Every organization has customers of some kind. The organization provides products (goods and/or services) of some kind to its customers through the mechanism of a marketplace. The products the organization provides are subject to competition whether by similar products or by substitution products.
The reason an organization is interested in the satisfaction of its customers is because customers purchase the organization’s products. The organization is interested in retaining its existing customers and increasing the number of its customers.
Customer satisfaction is an ambiguious and abstract concept and the actual manifestation of the state of satisfaction will vary from person to person. The state of satisfaction depends on a number of both psychological and physical variables. The level of satisfaction can also vary depending on other options the customer may have and other products against which the customer can compare the organization’s products.
Because satisfaction is basically a psychological state, it is a difficult thing to measure quantitatively. In other words, there are no units of satisfaction that have been defined. SatiStar’s usual measures of customer satisfaction involve a survey instrument with a set of statements using a Likert Technique (Strongly disagree, Disagree, Neither agree nor disagree, Agree, Strongly agree) or scale. The customer is asked to evaluate each statement and then select from a scale how much the customer agrees or disagrees with the statement.
Likert scales may be subject to distortion from several causes. Respondents may avoid using extreme response categories (central tendency bias); agree with statements as presented (acquiescence response bias); or try to portray themselves or their group in a more favorable light (social desirability bias).
SatiStar’s consultants are well versed in designing customer satisfaction instruments that avoid or account for these types of bias.
What We Will Do
- Assist in developing a list of high priority, critical customers for each key market segment in which you compete.
- Create customer satisfaction measurement (CSM) instrument.
- Obtain internal approval for the CSM.
- Test and refine CSM.
- Conduct CSM survey.
- Compile and analyze results.
- Provide feedback to leadership team.
- Refine CSM instrument for future surveys.
- Assist in the development of improvement action plans.
- Guide the implementation of the improvement action plans.
What We Need You To Do
- Provide us with access to key relevant employees, process owners and managers.
- Authorize these resources to provide us with the required information.
- Provide us with required access to your customer databases.
- Prepare an updated list of customer contact information.
- Provide appropriate working space for the team’s activities.
- Review and approve the CSM instrument in a timely manner.
- Consider and provide appropriate rewards to incent customers to respond to the CSM survey in a timely manner.
- Ensure leadership team’s availability to review CSM survey results.
- Ensure adequate participation in the development and implementation of the improvement action plans.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!