An overview about process flow diagramming is given in the slides below:
Process Flow Diagramming
One of SatiStar’s core strengths is our fundamental knowledge of how business processes work.
We begin by rapidly creating process flow diagrams of your current business processes by interviewing the people who actually do the work.
The success of your business is important to us, and we recognize that your employees have “real” work to do. So, we’ll work around the schedules of your employees in order to create these PFDs. Each of these PFDs usually requires a brief (half-hour) interview with the individual who actually performs the work. We’ll then post these highly visible PFDs in order to obtain input from all of the other people in the department who perform the same function.
Our use of flip-charts and post-it notes speeds up the process considerably while making it visible to everyone. This ensures that the diagrams represent reality, and creates buy-in from employees at all levels.
These process flow diagrams are then used as the basis for the ISO9000 documentation of procedures, and/or of the starting point for re-engineering the business processes.
Your employees then use various coloured post-its to identify their ideas for the parts of the processes that work well, that don’t work well, and their ideas for improvements.
For re-engineering projects, these process flow diagrams can sometimes become quite complex – which is highly reflective of your business processes.
Scope And Deliverables
The scope of Process Flow Diagramming varies widely however SatiStar’s experts can:
- Identify the process, conduct an analysis of the workflow, decision points and potential bottlenecks and produce the process map and documentation.
- The complete detailed mapping of all of the identified processes and related processes.
- Map the current process, and identify any planned process modifications.
- Identify all critical decision points and potential process bottlenecks.
- Identify existing or potential process breakdown areas, bottlenecks, problems, hold-ups, triggers for change and other requirements.
- Identify potential improvements to the processes.
- Identify the potential impact of relevant software changes.
- Provide a detailed Microsoft Word report on the findings and recommendations, including detailed Microsoft Visio process maps and related narrative for the processes.
What We Will Do
- Assign an experienced project manager and project team members who meet with your approval.
- Conduct interviews with key personnel in each of the functional areas that touch the processes being mapped
- Create detailed process maps.
- Ensure that these process maps are available for review by all relevant personnel.
- Collect relevant process data on throughputs, cycle times and rework.
- Identify the current process, any planned process modifications.
- Identify all the processes and decision-making that feed into this process, including other policies, practices and procedures that are part of the larger process.
- Identify all critical decision points, potential process bottlenecks, process breakdown areas, problems, hold-ups, triggers for changing numbers and requirements.
- Identify those portions of the overall process that currently work exceptionally well.
- Identify potential improvements to the processes being mapped.
- Identify the potential impact of software changes on the overall process.
- Provide a detailed Microsoft Word report on the findings and recommendations, including detailed Microsoft Visio process maps and related narrative for the processes. All electronic files will be in a format that enables you to modify or update the information provided.
- Respect your Safety, Security, Confidentiality, Ethics and other requirements.
What We Need You To Do
- Provide any Safety, Security, Confidentiality, Ethics and other requirements training or guidance documents that might be required for our personnel.
- Provide access to your facilities.
- Provide a suitable on-site working space for SatiStar employees.
- Provide required materials (flip charts, post-it notes, tape, etc).
- Provide an internal coordinator for organizing the planned interviews.
- Provide access to relevant personnel (those who actually do the job) to enable SatiStar’s personnel to map out the processes.
- Ensure personnel are available for interviews as planned, without undue delays.
- Provide access to relevant existing relevant documents and records for our data collection activity.
- Ensure timely review and feedback of documents submitted by SatiStar.
- Ensure timely review and approval of final versions of documents submitted by SatiStar.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!