The IT Infrastructure Library developed by the Office of Government Compliance (OGC) in the UK, now formalized in ISO20000:2005-Part 1 is the global standard for IT service management. It provides best practice guidelines for IT service management.
Scope And Deliverables
In order to be awarded a certificate of registration for your IT Service Management System, you must pass an assessment by an external auditor to the standard ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 Part 1. Formal registration of your ITSMS delivers a number of valuable benefits:
- Customer Focus – Your customers can feel confident that IT Services are meeting their needs as users. Using service level agreements as a foundation, resources can be concentrated on these targeted delivery areas.
- Cost Savings – The cost of responding to, investigating and resolving IT incidents can be significant. Registration can help create operational cost savings as the implementation of an ITSMS often leads to a much more proactive approach to problem management. Investigating the root causes of actual and potential incidents and putting processes in place ensures their quick solution and even prevention.
- Effective Supplier Management – Registration specifically covers the interface between the service provider and any third-party suppliers of services. Effective supplier management can help with the provision of seamless, quality services while avoiding uncertainty and risk by clearly defining their roles.
- Commitment – Registration helps to ensure and demonstrate commitment of the IT function in delivering services in accordance in industry-wide accepted best practice. This can also be a key source of competitive advantage for those organizations providing outsourced IT Services.
What We Will Do
This project covers SatiStar’s design, documentation, support for implementation, internal audit and external audit support for ITIL / ISO20000.
- Your company becomes compliant to the ITIL framework for best practices.
- Your company achieves ISO20000-1:2005 registration during the external audits.
- A policy and procedures document will be created that is compliant with the ISO20000-1:2005 standard, and is customized to meet the requirements of your business.
- Key IT operational management system procedures will be streamlined and improved, including service delivery, relationship, problem resolution, control, release processes.
- Existing relevant documentation will be cleaned up to ensure a seamless registration, and to focus on value-adding activity.
- Development of a comprehensive document control system that is compliant with both ISO9000 and ISO20000.
- SatiStar will create the system documentation, including the policies and the procedures required by interviewing the personnel who actually do the work.
- A comprehensive internal audit has been performed for ISO20000, using SatiStar’s standard internal audit checklists.
- Guidance will be provided to ensure that corrective action plans to address all internal audit non-conformances are appropriate for the business, meet ISO20000 requirements and serve as a basis for future improvement of the ITSMS (IT Service Management System).
- SatiStar will provide any needed assistance in selecting and liaising with a registrar if desired.
- Training and coaching to designated management representatives and to selected employees to help assure a successful external audit.
- SatiStar will provide project management. This will include coaching in support of management review processes.
- Guidance in selecting audit guides for the external audit, and training of the audit guides prior to the external audits.
- Participation on-site during the external audit to minimize the risk of failure and to address those audit findings that can be resolved during the audits.
- SatiStar to provide project management, leadership and coaching support during implementation, including the management review process.
- SatiStar will provide coaching and assist with any required corrective actions throughout the external registration audit, to ensure successful recommendation for registration.
What We Need You To Do
- Provide us with the contact information of your key personnel personnel.
- Authorize each of these personnel to provide SatiStar with information that we will use for our work.
- Ensure availability of these personnel for us to be able to obtain the required information in a timely fashion.
- Provide access to relevant personnel (those who actually do the job) to enable SatiStar’s personnel to map out the key business processes. This is typically ½ to 1 hour per area.
- Provide access to company documents and records.
- Provide a working area for SatiStar’s personnel.
- Ensure timely review and approval of the submitted documents (typically ½ to 1 day for detailed review).
- Implement recommended actions in a timely fashion.
- Ensure personnel are available for training as needed, without undue delays.
- Provide access to auditees during the internal and external audits.
- Implement corrective actions as required to address internal audit non-conformances in a timely fashion.
- Provide employees to act as audit guides during the external audit.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!