APQP is a defined process for product development that provides a common path (between supplier and customer) and synchronization of these development activities. It ensures that appropriate and timely communication occurs within your organization, as well as between your organization and your customer’s organization.
Originally developed by the automotive industry, this approach to planning ensures that nothing is left to chance, and that the Design and Development function is fully integrated with operations in meeting customer needs.
Scope And Deliverables
Phase 1 – Plan & Define Programme:
- Determine customer needs, requirements & expectations using tools such as QFD.
- Review the entire quality planning process to enable the implementation of a quality programme.
- Define & set the inputs & the outputs.
Phase 2 – Product Design & Development:
- Review the inputs & execute the outputs, including FMEA, DFMEA, design verification, design reviews, material & engineering specifications.
Phase 3 – Process Design & Development:
- Address features for developing manufacturing systems & related control plans.
- These tasks are dependent on the successful completion of phases 1 & 2.
- Execute the outputs.
Phase 4 – Product & Process Validation:
- Validation of the selected manufacturing process & its control mechanisms through production run evaluation.
- Outline mandatory production conditions & requirements
- Identify the required outputs.
- Use Control Plan methodology & relevant data to construct & determine control plan parameters.
Phase 5 – Launch, Feedback, Assessment & Corrective Action:
- Focus on reducing variation & continuous improvement.
- Identify outputs & links to customer expectations.
- Identify future product programmes.
What We Will Do
- Provide training in APQP techniques as needed to all relevant personnel.
- Participate in establishing Critical To Quality (CTQ) customer requirements.
- Support the creation of the required Process Flow Diagrams.
- Facilitate the creation of FMEA and DFMEA documentation.
- Support the translation of these documents into Control Plans.
- Create Work Instructions in ISO9000 format as required.
What We Need You To Do
- Identify key relevant resources.
- Ensure availability of these resources to participate in the APQP activities.
- Provide an appropriate working area for the team.
- Ensure timely review and approval of the team’s work.
- Purchase required software (if identified by the team).
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!