As business processes change to reflect new and emerging business needs, the organizational structure often needs to be redesigned. This includes the organizational chart, positional changes, job descriptions, career paths, succession plans, etc.
It is one thing to pull out a piece of paper or open your graphics software and design a new organizational chart. It is quite another thing to build the right organization for the right reasons, staff it appropriately, then determine what is required to make that new organization work.
The correct sequence is to first build the new business processes, then create the most appropriate organizational structure that supports those new processes.
Scope And Deliverables
Restructuring and reorganization means change. Change to the working relationships, change to roles and tasks – plus the personal change relating to all of those organizational changes. Reorganizations are hard work.
Organizational redesign can be a traumatic experience for all involved, and may falter as managers lose focus or try to compromise on tough decisions. To be successful, a redesign must be based on sound organizational analysis and an agreed-to, implementable long-term business strategy. The skills that come into play to help formulate and guide future strategy are not learned from textbooks; rather, they are developed over years of exposure to a broad variety of corporate situations in a wide range of industrial, market and geographical contexts.
We believe that the best people to be involved in the redesign of a new organization are the people that currently work in the affected jobs. They know the current work. They can identify big improvement areas. They will be most directly affected by the changes. They are key to the success of any change.
SatiStar is uniquely qualified to analyze the situation at hand and, based on an agreed-upon long-term business strategy, implement a tailored transformation plan. SatiStar works closely with you in assessing and addressing key organizational factors:
- Strategy: Analyzing the underlying principles of an organization’s strategy and making the necessary adjustments to set the path toward sustainable competitive advantage. Key questions at this stage of the transformation plan …should we broaden our business base and how should we compete?
- Aligning Structure with Strategy: Identifying functions within the organization likely to resist the transformation plan or which lack the resources to support the plan. Key questions at this stage of the transformation plan …where does our infrastructure lack the necessary resources to implement our plan and what do we need to do to rectify matters?
- Execution: Implementing the necessary steps to successfully accomplish the tailored transformation plan. This is a crucial step where execution experience provides the strongest guidance. Key questions at this stage of the transformation plan …what is the most efficient way of implementing the required changes with a minimum of disruption and risk, and how do we foster a positive and constructive attitude within the organization?
We work with you to facilitate a highly interactive, involved redesign process.
What We Will Do
- Provide a process and detailed roadmap for your redesign.
- Assist in planning all aspects of the change.
- Facilitate redesign team meetings through the redesign process.
- Provide coaching as required to employees at all levels, including the leadership team.
- Provide a fresh perspective, with experience in redesigning many organizations worldwide.
- Assist in communication and deployment planning
- Prepare leaders to implement the new organization
What We Need You To Do
- Commit to the redesign.
- Ensure the active participation of the leadership team in the redesign effort.
- Provide us with access to the required internal personnel.
- Authorize those personnel to provide us with the required information in a timely fashion.
- Assign resources to participate on the redesign team as needed.
- Ensure timely review and approval of redesign team recommendations.
- Ensure that approved recommendations are implemented in a timely manner.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!