Mentoring refers to a developmental relationship between a more experienced mentor and a less experienced partner referred to as a mentee or protégé.
A role we’ll often play is to be a knowledgeable guide, who can coach your people to excel.
Scope And Deliverables
Coaching is not the same as mentoring, they require different techniques. Mentoring is concerned with the development of the whole person driven by the person’s own work/life goals. It is usually unstructured and informal. Coaching is much more about achieving specific objectives in a particular way. Coaching is also more formal and more structured, usually around a coaching process or methodology.
Where the lines get a bit blurred is when coaching is divided into two sub-groups:
- Active/directive coaching is about the coach knowing what ‘perfect’ looks like and through a performance feedback loop gives the coachee ideas for improvement.
- Passive/reflective coaching is about the coach asking the questions ‘how did you feel about that?’ and ‘how could you improve that?’ This style is more an interactive process of self-discovery on the part of the coachee.
The two strands are not mutually exclusive. Sometimes the line between Mentoring and Passive/reflective coaching is quite blurry and can easily be crossed.
What We Will Do
- Assess your current leadership team’s capabilities.
- Define focus areas where a leader will benefit from mentoring or coaching.
- Create an appropriate mentoring or coaching program as required.
- Obtain approval for the defined program.
- Provide mentoring or coaching as per the defined program.
- Monitor and provide feedback on progress.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality between SatiStar and the mentored/coached leader.
What We Need You To Do
- Provide access to your leadership team for our assessment.
- Ensure timely review and approval of submitted mentoring or coaching recommendations.
- Respect the need for confidentiality in the mentoring or coaching relationships.
- Measure overall performance gains.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!