A leader is a person who inspires you to take a journey to a destination to which you would not go by yourself. This is distinguished from the traditional manager, who simply maintains the status quo. Today’s business challenges revolve around change, innovation, passion and creativity – which requires leadership!
Delivering sustainable results is highly dependent on the quality of the leaders of the transformation. We’ll provide clear recommendations about the capabilities of your leadership group, and can then coach and mentor as needed.
Scope And Deliverables
Dimensions of Sustaining Leadership
- Partnership and voice
- Vision and values
- Knowledge and daring
- Savvy and persistence
- Personal qualities (passion, humor, empathy, strength of character, general maturity, patience, wisdom, common sense, integrity, trustworthiness, reliability, creativity, sensitivity)
Characteristics of leaders jobs:
- Process Management – Designs and manages processes that are efficient and effective. Critical processes support the delivery of either the organization’s service or the manufacture of the organization’s products. Processes move horizontally across organizational boundaries.
- Customer Driven – One of the highest leadership priorities is the ability to focus on the needs and expectations of customers. Do you build and maintain relationships with customers? Do you have metrics in place to measure customer satisfaction and customer loyalty? (Customers can also be employees)
- Information Management – The innovative enterprise thrives on information. There are multiple avenues and many means of expressing the goals, plans, and status of the organization to all people working within the enterprise. The successful enterprise shares success stories, ideas with everyone. How many available means are available to improve communication? For example, meetings, LANs, bulletin boards, e-mail etc.
- Change Management – A leader of the organization is knowledgeable of and manages change appropriately. Dovetails ongoing programs and management philosophies into the strategic or business planning.
- Innovation – Makes focused efforts to initiate new ideas and suggestions. The leader is constantly looking at other industries and trends to see beyond the horizon for new ways to do things. The organization does not maintain status quo.
- Continuous Improvement – Continuously improving everything the enterprise does. Processes and procedures are constantly being improved.
- Obstacle Removal – The innovative leader spends time pinpointing and removing barriers and obstacles obstructing work flow. Employees feel free to go to anyone in the organization for advice and assistance.
- Charts the Course – Provides a clear direction toward the future. Are you enthusiastic and inspiring others to take a journey to a particular destination?
- Provides Motivation – You have a system of reward and recognition. Team based rewards lead to higher morale. Employees feel that they are contributing to the vitality of the enterprise.
- Trust Builder – This leader allows people to learn from their mistakes and allows risk taking. The leader who tolerates risk taking scores higher in innovation.
- Provides Purpose – Purpose gives people a reason why they should work for this organization. People relate best to the enterprise when they understand how their actions relate to the big picture. The person who understands how their actions affect the organization is more empowered to take action.
What We Will Do
- SatiStar’s consultants will help the people within your organization to understand their current leadership style, and how well their style meets the needs of your organization.
- Coach your leadership team in the use of the Situational Leadership model.
- Provide one-on-one coaching for each of the leadership team.
- Teach them how to look at their work groups and teams and quickly recognize what type of leadership style is most appropriate for them to use.
- Facilitate departmental or team meetings to ensure that the group leader applies the best leadership style correctly.
- Provide feedback to your leadership team on their progress.
- Coach your leaders on how to sustain the effort.
What We Need You To Do
- Provide us with access to your key leadership team.
- Ensure that the leadership team is available for meeting with our consultants in a timely manner.
- Provide us with access to various departmental and group meetings.
- Communicate the reason for our presence to the entire organization.
- Ensure availability of leaders for any required training.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!