We can measure the overall capability of your employees, identify gaps and suggest approaches to close the gaps that are consistent with your organization’s overall value system and all applicable legislation.
Scope And Deliverables
How do I ensure that I have, hire and keep the right people?
It begins with planning. Results improve when you ask questions like these:
- What positions do we need to achieve strategic goals? (Use openings as opportunities for restructuring.)
- What specific skills, knowledge, background, and personality style are critical?
- Where will I find the best candidates?
- What questions determine whether they have the right skills/background?
- What other tools or assessments should be used in hiring?
- How do I ensure that I’m in compliance with all regulations?
If we were to ask ourselves what differentiates one of our employees from another, the answer is quite clearly their capabilities — what they bring to their jobs. What should influence their progression to becoming a supervisor, a team leader or a manager is not their abilities to accomplish tasks but their potential for that role as demonstrated through their capabilities. This is where most organizations get into trouble today. For ease of measurement and objectivity, they tend to depend excessively on task accomplishment measures and frequently overlook capability assessment. When the employee turns around and demands rewards on the basis of their capabilities, organizations have trouble meeting those expectations.
The perfect candidate for any job has the right combination of three things:
- Knowledge and skills – what we know
- Values and preferences – what we like to do
- Complexity of information processing – what we can currently handle
The first two components are fairly straightforward and relatively easily measured. The third component, our ability to handle complexity, is not widely understood. Hence, it is assessed intuitively but not in terms that can be articulated, consistently applied, or measured. SatiStar can help you understand your employee’s capabilities by helping you assess all three of these points.
What We Will Do
- Create a full listing of employees and their formal and informal reporting relationships.
- Determine accountability of employees for critical deliverables. This includes direct and indirect accountability, as well as the urgency of the deliverable.
- Determine the difficulty in replacing the employee, including existing cross-trained employees, cost of training, outsourcing potential, etc.
- Rank employees in terms of their results orientation, based on their prior track record of performance.
- Rank employees in terms of their versatility – their ability to do many different jobs.
- Assess the demand for the skills of the job in the marketplace.
- Determine strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats (SWOT)
- Create a guidance document for transitioning from current to future state (including repositioning, recruitment, outsourcing, re-training, reorganizing, etc).
- Provide the assessment report to your leadership team.
What We Need You To Do
- Provide us with access to employee files, including relevant confidential files.
- Provide us with access to all relevant employees, including management.
- Complete requested checklists in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely review and approval of submitted action plans.
- Implement approved actions in a timely manner.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!