An employee survey can help you to:
- diagnose issues and overall organizational climate
- anticipate potential problems
- assess teamwork and management style problems
- measure the effects of organizational change.
We can directly measure the morale and attitude of your employees using one of our standardized “barometers”, or by custom designing one specific to your organization.
Scope And Deliverables
By conducting employee attitude surveys, employers can show that they are listening to their staff. Taking action on the findings further demonstrates that employees’ views are valued, and can pay dividends in terms of improved morale and commitment. Moreover, an attitude survey can be used to explore specific issues, such as the reasons for high employee turnover.
Many organizations prefer to use an external consultant to undertake the survey process on their behalf. By doing so, they can benefit from the consultant’s specialized expertise and resources, knowledge of best practices and experience of working with other organizations. Also, the independence and objectivity of a third party can help to reassure employees that their responses will remain anonymous and therefore influence return rates and reduce response bias.
Companies are increasingly using staff surveys to measure employee engagement in an effort to improve business performance. Employee satisfaction is now perceived by many companies as only a first step – a happy employee is not necessarily a productive one. Engagement and commitment, however, can be shown to have a positive impact on the bottom line.
What We Will Do
There are three main stages in SatiStar’s survey process:
Designing the survey
- using in-house human resources personnel to provide input on organizational culture
- involving employees in preliminary research
- creating the questionnaire
Conducting the survey
- determining the most appropriate way to distribute survey (paper, email, web, focus-group, telephone, face-to-face, etc.)
- distributing the questionnaires
- carrying out the survey
- encouraging a good response rate
Acting on the results
- analyzing the responses
- communicating the findings to the organization
- creating action plans at organizational and local levels.
Additionally, we make use of open-ended questions like “What changes, if any, do you feel need to be made in the company to improve working conditions?”, and “What values do you personally care about that you feel the company should also work on?”.
We also measure issues such as what employees think are the specific types of training they need to do their jobs efficiently and effectively.
Finally, we’ll provide your leadership team with a statistically valid summary of our findings, along with appropriately “anonymized” responses to open-ended questions.
What We Need You To Do
- Provide us with a list of all employees for whom the survey is intended.
- Provide us with access to all relevant employees, including management.
- Review and approve the survey instrument in a timely manner.
- Consider and provide appropriate rewards to incent employees to respond to the survey in a timely manner.
- Ensure that employees complete requested surveys in a timely manner.
- Ensure leadership team’s availability to review survey results.
- Ensure adequate participation in the development and implementation of the improvement action plans.
- Ensure timely review and approval of submitted action plans.
- Implement approved actions in a timely manner.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!