Prior to embarking on any improvement of your operations it is advisable to develop a profound understanding of the current situation and the opportunities for improvement. SatiStar’s Business Performance Improvement Assessment approach accomplishes these objectives. This rapid assessment provides you with an analysis report that incorporates a fully quantified, prioritized and comprehensive action plan for improvement.
Assessments are often designed to answer highly specific and narrow business questions, or provide answers to a well-defined business problem. In such cases, the investigation will result in recommendations for future actions surrounding such questions. Alternatively, the assessment may be a more general investigation of quality, efficiency, or profit improvement to name just a few typical assessment areas. In such cases, the investigation will result in highly actionable recommendations for performance improvement that can usually be achieved with little capital investment. These recommendations are integrated into a structured, high-level implementation plan. Our assessments are applicable in a wide variety of situations, including cycle time reduction, cost reduction, revenue or margin improvement, new product development, plant or office layouts, and vision alignment.
Scope And Deliverables
SatiStar’s business assessments begin with a detailed understanding of the leadership team’s vision for the future, and then involve a comprehensive examination of all of the relevant aspects of your operations. The focus of an assessment can be a single process, functional area, department or branch office . . . to all aspects of the entire business, including, as applicable, suppliers and customers. These assessments can range from a simple assessment that takes a couple of days to a comprehensive assessment that might take several weeks to complete.
Your leadership team will benefit from the assessment feedback presentation during which we present the overall scope and objectives of our study, our findings and analysis, quantification of the benefits, recommended approach, overall timelines for implementation, and a clearly articulated roadmap for the change. Involving the business leaders and employees to ensure their buy-in helps provide organization-wide focus and alignment on the key improvement issues.
- Vision / Strategy
- Current state
- Processes (Revenue Generation, Order Fulfillment, Product Development, Procurement, Planning & Scheduling, etc.)
- Structure & Organizational Capability
- Performance history
- Key Performance Indicators and trends
- IT infrastructure
- Plant and office layout
- Distribution & logistics
- Leadership & Management practices
- Environment, Health & Safety
- Financial performance
- Potential obstacles & barriers
- Current state process maps
- Future state vision, including equipment, layout, systems, personnel, partnerships, management controls, etc.
- Future state process maps
- Quantify cycle time reduction potential
- Quick hits
- Roadmap and timeline for implementation
What We Will Do
- Interview key leaders to understand the overall goals of the organization
- Conduct interviews with key process owners, and sample personnel across the entire organization
- Collect process, operational and financial data
- Determine the capabilities of key people, including the leadership team
- Analyze relevant factors that influence business and process performance
- Analyze process alternatives
- Quantify gain potential
- Create a set of recommendations for improvement and an overall timeline for their implementation
- Provide a detailed presentation to the leadership team that highlights our findings, recommendations and the overall improvement roadmap
What We Need You To Do
- Provide us with the current contact information for key personnel at the relevant facilities.
- Authorize each of these groups to provide SatiStar with information that we will use for our analysis.
- Ensure availability of these personnel for us to be able to obtain the required information in a timely fashion (typically no more than 1-2 hours per individual).
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!