SatiStar's Experience Makes The Difference!
SatiStar's process improvement efforts focus on reducing costs, reducing waste and rework, reducing cycle times, reducing defects, increasing accuracy and on-time delivery, and above all increasing profitability.
We offer you the choice of our integrated approach to process improvement, or customizing your own approach by using only those tools or modules that meet your immediate needs.
Our customized implementation strategy combined with an emphasis on rapidly achieving significant, measurable results culminates with self-sufficiency. We guide and motivate your employees to become involved in the improvement effort.
SatiStar's Canadian office is located in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) Ontario, Canada.
Office address: 2476 Argentia Rd. Suite 203, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5N 6M1
Mailing address: 3-251 Queen Street South, #562, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5M 1L7
We're thrilled to announce that Maurizio DiVito, CPA, CA has joined SatiStar as Vice President, Management Processes. A chartered accountant, Maurizio has two decades of experience of improving financial, IT, project management, procurement, manufacturing, service and administrative processes. His financial and IT acumen is a major asset because he can rapidly quantify the real gain potential of process improvement projects.
Recent SatiStar Successes
- Ontario's Toxic Substance Reduction Act and Regulation 455/09 have come into force, with the first submissions due December 31, 2012 (for Phase 1 Priority Substances). Our licensed Toxic Substance Reduction Planners have recently helped several companies ensure compliance by helping to create their TRA Plans or by certifying their internally created TRA Plans.
- SatiStar's consultants have assisted the Government of Ontario implement new risk-based audit processes within the Electrical, Construction and Transportation sectors. The new audit processes are compliant with OHSAS18001:2007 and ISO19011:2011.
- Our trainers have developed and delivered risk-based Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance training to major aerospace organizations. This training culminated in the development of Mistake-Proofing solutions in order to greatly reduce the risk of Human Errors affecting flight safety.
- SatiStar's team have created new methodologies for aligning the vertical Organizational Structures with the horizontal Business Processes. This combines Business Process Reengineering (BPR) principles with those of Requisite Organization (RO). BPR streamlines and maximizes the overall efficiency and effectiveness of your customer-focused business processes, while RO ensures that the right people with the right capabilities are in the right positions for those processes.
- We've expanded our toolkit to include the creation of Work Instructions, and the development of customized electronic forms to automate your workflows. An example is Expense Reports that integrate the myriad complex tax rules across all of Canada, greatly simplifying the workload of your accounting department while ensuring compliance with ever-changing tax laws.
- SatiStar's ISO team have developed a new and improved approach to documenting your ISO9000 & ISO14000 manuals. During a recent registration audit, the auditor complimented the manual, calling it "elegant".
- A manufacturer of visual planning systems and furniture has been registered to ISO9001:2008 and ISO14001:2004 for its facilities in Canada and the US. UL-DQS's audit team mentioned that "this is the best and most comprehensive implementation of QSi we've ever seen!"
- The 11 Canadian sites of a multinational pharmaceutical giant have been successfully registered to ISO9001:2008 on their first attempt. This implementation incorporated existing Health Canada and Accreditation Canada requirements into the ISO system. Their Director of Quality Assurance mentioned that "this would have been impossible to manage without QSi".
- The process reengineering of the Indian subsidiary of a US-based major engineering and heavy equipment manufacturer has been completed, and to help sustain the gains the company has been registered to ISO9001:2000. The auditors from UL issued no action requests during their 8-day intensive audit . . . an extremely rare occurrence to get a perfect score!
- Quality system assessment leads to potential savings of over 2.3% of Sales for a fortune 500 company.
- An injection molding machine design and manufacturing company's Continuous Improvement program exceeds expectations . . . with over 1/3 of the workforce trained and actively involved. Payback on this program was 2 months!
Read more case studies